Friday, August 12, 2011

Cousin Grace-anne Visits!

My awesome 13-year-old niece, Grace-anne, and her dad, Peter, came out to CA for a visit from New Jersey this week. Leo had a great time hanging out with his big cuz (as did I!). The visit started out on a high night with an amazing gift of a Philly Phanatic Pillow Pet for Leo. Now that's pretty cool.

The next morning Robert made us a delicious breakfast of homemade pancakes and bacon.

After breakfast, we headed down to the beach and enjoyed some time in the sand and water. I had fun throwing Leo around a little. He's getting heavier (and longer) all the time for a shrimpy like me and I realize at some point the time will come (ugh) when I can't lift him and swing him in the air. So I'm making the most of now :)

Leo and Mommy could spend all day on the beach.

Remember 13?

Grace-anne shows Leo her smelly pencils. He's intrigued.

We had lunch on the water at Sam's, a local favorite.

Peter tells Leo the ways of the sea as they look out the window.

This almost looks as if we're on a date. Alas, 3 other people were looking at us. Still, it was nice to unwind and be served!

After lunch, we stopped at a winery and this rather humongous slug caught my attention.

Leo was curious, too.

This is so Leo right now. I love this picture.

When Leo went down for his very belated nap, we snuck a dip in the hot tub. Guests first!

One more picture with Robert before he heads out to work. Grace-anne wears the coolest t-shirts.

Aunt Eve and Grace-anne are all smiles at the park. Grace-anne joined us for part of Leo's playdate with some friends. (BTW, another fabulously funny shirt, Grace-anne)

A final photo at the park. Come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many great pictures. Looks like you all had a good time. Everyone appears happy and healthy. Love you all, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. Grace-anne told me all about it when she came home. Can you forward this pictures to my email? They are great. Auntie Anne

    ReplyDelete